The Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers’ Association (PMHCA) is offering Certified Peer Specialists (CPS) and Certified Recovery Specialists (CRS) a continuing education opportunity to enhance knowledge, skill and employability in the much-needed area of supporting justice involved individuals. Grounded in the philosophy of peer support services, this training focuses on the unique needs of individuals who have criminal justice involvement. This training includes an introduction to The Sequential Intercept Model.
- By the end of this training participants will gain knowledge and skill to:
- Use lived experiences as an example of recovery and resiliency
- Identify and advocate for the needs of individuals in the criminal justice system
- Assist an individual in navigating service systems (mental health, criminal justice, etc.)
- Model self-advocacy so that an individual learns how to advocate for himself/herself
- Support the individual's journey toward achieving personal recovery goals
Please note: The three-day training is only open to Certified Peer Specialists and/or Certified Recovery Specialists, including military veteran certified peer specialists. By submitting this application, you are attesting that you are a Certified Peer Specialist and/or Certified Recovery Specialist. You must fill out the application and include a copy of your PCB Certification.
Application available here: Download Application
You may register and pay online and attach your application and a copy of your PCB cert to the online registration form.
Please email (preferred), fax or mail this completed application to:
4105 Derry St.
Harrisburg, PA 17111
If paying by check or money order, please mail to address above
All applications must be received by the end of the business day on January 17, 2020 to be considered. If faxing your application, please write your name at the top of each page and include a cover page, to ensure that your entire application stays together.
Cost: Early Bird Special: Registration completed prior to January 1 - $450
Registration completed on or after January 1 - $500