Make a commitment to increasing the voice of those who are Pennsylvania mental health services consumers by becoming a member of the Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association (PMHCA). Make your voice heard as we make a impact on the mental health system in Pennsylvania and promote change. Please join us and help us to support and empower those with mental illness and help build a stronger road to recovery free from stigma and discrimination.
10 Great Reasons to Be a Member!
1. Connection: You are connected to a larger group banded together to produce positive results for mental health in our state.
2. Directly Connected With Staff: A toll free 1-800 number provides quick access to information and referrals through staff at PMHCA
3. Public Policy / Advocacy: You can contribute to the strong advocacy program centered on assuring that mental health voices are being heard.
4. Free Informational Services: The association keeps members in touch with each other and current issues through the association’s web site and email updates of emerging issues relevant to mental health. You remain informed about mental health in our region in a way that saves you time. Our quarterly news letter the VISION will also provide updates on mental health news to our members.
5. Networking: You have many opportunities to network with mental health professionals and others in recovery in our region, building your contacts, sharing ideas, best practices and solutions to enhance yourself, find opportunities for career enhancement, etc.
6. Voice in The Organization: Members are able to nominate and vote for board members, allowing you to have a say in who speaks and leads for the Association.
7. Leadership Opportunities: You are provided opportunities to learn and practice leadership and meeting management skills that you may need for your resume, professional growth or self-promotion. Opportunities are available on the Board, committees, and special projects.
8. Recognition: You can be recognized or can recognize your colleagues for their achievements in mental health. Some of our heroes work right next to us every day!
9. Empowerment: You are part of a larger community. You are empowered to get involved in issues that affect your personal and professional communities and your quality of life.
10. Members Only Pricing: Discounts on our events and a special members only area of the website available to those with membership plans.